We believe that the only true God is the Triune God; one God made of three distinct and separate persons.
* The Father, who creates and preserves all things. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
* The Son, who redeems the world by His death and resurrection. (John 3:16, John 5:39; Acts 4:12)
* The Holy Spirit, who brings and keeps people in saving faith in Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
We believe that God desires all people to be saved and know the truth.
* God loves all people and wants them to come to love Him and each other. (Ezekiel 33:11; 1Timothy 2:3-4; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 4:16)
* We are sinful at birth, alienated from God, and must be born again in faith. (John 3:1-8; Romans 3:23; Colossians 1:21; Ephesians 2:1-5)
We believe that God so loved people that He sent His only Son Jesus to rescue us from our lost condition.
* Jesus Christ is both God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; Colossians 2:8,9)
* Jesus gave His life as the perfect sacrifice for our sins, resulting in our forgiveness and acceptance before God the Father. (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
* Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. (Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9-10)
We believe that the Holy Spirit brings us to and keeps us in saving faith through God’s Word, Holy Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.
* We cannot believe in Jesus or come to Him without the assistance of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
* God’s Word is true, powerful and has the ability to change lives. (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; Hebrews 4:12)
* Through baptism the Holy Spirit offers all people new life, and makes us God’s children. This promise is for everyone; man, woman and child. (John 1:12-13; John 3:1-8; Titus 3:5; Acts 2:38)
* In Holy Communion, Jesus offers believers His body and blood under forms of bread and wine for Christians to eat and drink. (1Corinthians 10:16-17)
* In Holy Communion God offers believers the forgiveness of sins and increases the depth of their faith. (Matthew 26:27-28; John 6:54-58; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
We believe that through the church God equips and empowers believers to serve Him by serving others and sharing the good news about Jesus.
* God has uniquely gifted each person to do good works which He expects His children to do. (Matthew 25:34-40; 1 Peter 4:10; Romans 12:3-21)
* It is not good for people to live in isolation. God intends for us to share His love with nonbelievers and believers alike through intentional relationships. (Genesis 2:18; Galatians 6:9-10; Hebrews 10:25)
* The Christian faith is best lived in close relationships with other people ~ i.e. Small Groups. (Proverbs 27:17; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:9-13)
* Our greatest purpose in life is to bring others into a saving relationship with Jesus their Savior. (Matthew 28:19-20; John 20:30-31)
Grace Alone. Faith Alone. Scripture Alone.
Redeemer is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.