• The Father, who creates and preserves all things. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
• The Son, who redeems the world by His death and resurrection. (John 3:16, John 5:39; Acts 4:12)
• The Holy Spirit, who brings and keeps people in saving faith in Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
• God loves all people and wants them to come to love Him and each other.
(Ezekiel 33:11; 1Timothy 2:3-4; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 4:16)
• We are sinful at birth, alienated from God, and must be born again in faith.
(John 3:1-8; Romans 3:23; Colossians 1:21; Ephesians 2:1-5)
• Jesus Christ is both God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; Colossians 2:8,9)
• Jesus gave His life as the perfect sacrifice for our sins, resulting in our forgiveness and acceptance before God the Father. (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
• Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. (Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9-10)
• We cannot believe in Jesus or come to Him without the assistance of the Holy Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 12:3)
• God’s Word is true, powerful and has the ability to change lives.
(Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; Hebrews 4:12)
• Through baptism the Holy Spirit offers all people new life, and makes us God’s children.
This promise is for everyone; man, woman and child. (John 1:12-13; John 3:1-8; Titus 3:5; Acts 2:38)
• In Holy Communion, Jesus offers believers His body and blood under forms of bread and wine for Christians to eat and drink. (1Corinthians 10:16-17)
• In Holy Communion God offers believers the forgiveness of sins and increases the depth of their faith.
(Matthew 26:27-28; John 6:54-58; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
• God has uniquely gifted each person to do good works which He expects His children to do.
(Matthew 25:34-40; 1 Peter 4:10; Romans 12:3-21)
• It is not good for people to live in isolation. God intends for us to share His love with nonbelievers and believers alike through intentional relationships. (Genesis 2:18; Galatians 6:9-10; Hebrews 10:25)
• The Christian faith is best lived in close relationships with other people ~ i.e. Small Groups.
(Proverbs 27:17; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:9-13)
• Our greatest purpose in life is to bring others into a saving relationship with Jesus their Savior.
(Matthew 28:19-20; John 20:30-31)
Grace Alone. Faith Alone. Scripture Alone.
Redeemer is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.